These muffins are my standby quick-someone-is-coming-over muffins. Also perfect for school holidays, morning teas, picnics, beach days and little baked gifts for friends or family.
They are light, delicious and have a lemony crispy topping.
You can finish these off within 20 minutes and there is minimal clean up. These little gems are also the most asked for baked recipe I have so to post them here means that all my friends have access to them any time.
Simple Lemon Muffins
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1 egg whisked
Grated rind of one lemon.
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup raw sugar
- Melt butter, add milk, egg and lemon rind and beat well with a fork.
- Add liquids to dry mix and combine lightly.
- Divide into patty papers in tin (12)
- Bake 200 degrees C or 375 degrees F for 10 mins or until lightly browning and springing back when touched.
- Stir lemon juice and sugar and drizzle over muffins while still hot straight from oven.
Perfect warm, cold and great to freeze for school lunches too!